Monday, June 22, 2009

Being in a relationship

I used to be Mr. Scrooge when it comes to romantic relationships. Whenever I heard of people falling in love, I'd go, "there goes another one, another one who went cuckoo". At the background, what I'm really saying is I thought that falling in love is only for people who have nothing better to do with their lives, and so they create some form of delusion.  

Notice the use of the past tense. Something happened to me lately that made me see that people who fall in love are not necessarily people who have thrown their life away. They may be out of their mind, in a sense that they have gone past the thoughts of fear that we usually associate with being in a relationship, but they're not necessarily a nut case.

I don't know how to describe this experience, and I really have no intention of reducing it to a cognitive exercise as it's a lot bigger than that. I just know that this time, I'm willing to go with the flow.

No comments: