Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Losing Weight

In the past three months, I have read a ton of stuff on losing weight, ranging from HCG injections, vegan diet of whole foods, exercise programs that naturally increase testosterone, to nutritional deficiencies that lead to cravings. Reading, of course, doesn't cause the weight loss itself, so I took the next step - I tried them all. Two months later, 28 lbs. lighter, I have a different set of problems - my clothes don't fit!

My 34" pants look way too baggy for my new 30" waist, and all my shirts are hanging too low, making me look way thinner than I really am. I recently had to spend a fortune to alter my clothes, but then again, this is cheaper than actually buying new clothes. Some of my clothes couldn't be altered without making them look really weird so I had to buy some new stuff as well. And to make sure this doesn't cost me another fortune, I recently got acquainted with brands that I didn't really look at before - Bench, Memo, Springfield and Zara.

The journey doesn't end there though. For the first time in a long time, I like what I see in the mirror. And this creates more ideas in my head. Next, I want to grow some serious muscles, because I see now that losing weight does not necessarily make one a hunk. Oh well, that's another story altogether, or should I say the next chapter of the story of my life that I'm writing.

No comments: